Friday, August 11, 2006

For the Love of Toshi


Fuck my head hurts. I drank too many number 2s last night. And a number 5.

Two years ago... "
You gotta try Japanese Vodka. First time free. Me, like the drug dealer. First time free, second time pay. You try. TRY." We were younger then, we didn't know any better. Besides, everyone else was doing it.

Toshi's Kokoro Restaurant isn't really about the food (the great, homemade Japanese food). It isn't about the names of the dishes (Cocked Macklo or The Hamburg). It isn't really about the numbers 1 through 6. It is mostly about Toshi. He's Good People.

Last night, Toshi told us that he's getting married. He and the new missus were dancing in the kitchen, singing "I Love You" to each other. Meanwhile, we amused ourselves with a pretty thorough testing of numbers 1 through 5. They do all taste pretty much the same, although someone commented that number 5 was a bit spicy. Whatever. Today veins pound in my forehead and I feel like hell



1 comment:

Jinja said...

I recall there was some speculation about the contents of #1. Fortunately we had Steffi there for the blind taste test.

How now laughing cow?